Who Is She
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Doctorate Degree candidate, Comparative Literature, Institute of Oriental Studies, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon.
- Master's Degree, Translation, 2000-2006, Kaslik University, Lebanon.
- Teaching Degree, Italian Language, 2003, University of Siena, Italy.
- Bachelor Degree, Biology, 1988-1992, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Women Rights
- Freedom of expression
- Personal liberties
- TV journalist and host, 2018-present, Al Hurra TV station.
- Instructor, 2012-2016, Lebanese American University.
- Cultural editor, 2005-2017, An Nahar newspaper.
- Founder and Editor in Chief, 2009-2011, Jasad Magazine.
- Administrator, 2007-2011, International Prize for Arabic Fiction (IPAF).
- Journalist, 1997-2005, An Nahar Newspaper.
Honorary office and memberships
- On the Board of Advisors of MARCH Lebanon.
- Appinted honorary ambassador for culture and human rights for the city of Naples in the Mediterranean by the mayor of Naples Luigi de Magistris. 2013.
Bibliography and translations of her books in English
• Haddad, J. (2018). The Seamstress' Daughter, Beirut: Nawfal
• Haddad, J. (2016). The Third Sex, Beirut: Nawfal
• Haddad, J. (2012). Superman is an Arab. United Kingdom: Westbourne Press.
• Haddad, J. (2010). I killed Scheherazade. United Kingdom: Saqi Books.
• Haddad, J. (2008). Invitation to a Secret Feast, poetry, USA: Tupelo Press
• Haddad, J. (2008). Madinah, city stories from the Middle East, anthology, UK: Comma Press
Bibliography in Arabic
• Haddad, J. (2014). Cages, Theatre
• Haddad, J. (2012). Geology of the I, poetry
• Haddad, J. (2008) Mirrors of the passers by, poetry
• Haddad, J. (2007). Bad habits, selected poems
• Haddad, J. (2007). Death will come and it will have your eyes, Anthology of 150 poets who committed suicide
• Haddad, J. (2004) The return of Lilith, poetry
Bibliography in Italian:
o Haddad, J. (2011). Le sette vite di Luca, Children's literature, Mondadori Junior, Milan, Italy.
Bibliography in Spanish:
• Haddad, J. (2006). Allí donde el río se incendia, Antología poética, 2005, Ediciones De Aquí, Málaga, Espana, , Fundación Editorial El Perro y la Rana, Caracas, Venezuela.
Bibliography in French:
• Haddad, J. (1995). Le temps d'un rêve, Poésie
• Haddad, J. (2010). Les amants ne devraient porter que des mocassins, littérature érotique, Editions Humus.
Awards and Distinctions
- Was listed on the "Beirut-39" list for being one of the 39 most interesting Arab writers under 39, 2009.
- Selected yearly as one of the world’s 100 most powerful Arab women for four years in a row by Arabian Business Magazine.
- Received the "Career Poetry Prize" by the ArchiculturaFoundation in Acquiterme, Italy, 2014.
- Received the Cutuli Prize for journalism in Catania, Italy, 2012.
- Received the "Rodolfo Gentili Prize" for her support of women's rights, 2010.
- Received the "Blue Metropolis Arab Literary Prize" during the Montreal International Literary Festival organized by the Blue Metropolis Foundation for her literary achievements, 2010.
- Received the "International Prize North-South Prize" by the Pescarabruzzo Foundation for her poetry writings, 2009.
- Received the "Arab Press Prize" for her cultural Journalistic achievements, 2006.