Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
I have helped family businesses address their succession planning and conflict issues, while emphasizing proper governance plans to protect and guide the continuity of private sector companies and family businesses.
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Doctorate degree, Business and General Economics, 1996, Paris I, Pantheon Sorbonne, France.
- Master's degree, Management Information Systems, 1987, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon.
- Bachelor degree, Business Administration, 1984, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Family Business Management
- Corporate Governance
- Strategic Planning
- Women and Leadership
- Chairman of the Board, 2009 - present, Supervalue- Lebanon.
- Associate Professor of Management (tenured), 2005 - present, Lebanese American University.
- Management Consultant, 2005 - present, Consulting Projects International and Sreih Partners.
Honorary office and memberships
- Middle East Coordinator of the Family Firm Institute - USA.
- Member of the National Association of Corporate Directors - USA.
- Chapter Director of the Family Business Network - Switzerland.
- Fahed-Sreih, J. (2018). How to Manage your Family Business: The 10 Imperatives for Success. Cambridge scholars Publishing- Forthcoming.
- Fahed-Sreih, J. (2018). Conflict in Family Businesses: Conflict Models and Practices. Palgrave Publishing.
- Fahed-Sreih, J., & Pistrui, D. (in press). Towards an understanding of Islam and Muslim entrepreneurship in the Middle East. In W. Wojciech Gasparski, L. Ryan, & S. Kwiatkowski (Eds.), Entrepreneurship: Values and Responsibility. New Jersey: Transaction, Inc.
- Fahed-Sreih, J. (2009). An exploratory study on a new corporate governance mechanism: Evidence from small family firms. Management Research News. 32 (1), 50-61.
- Fahed-Sreih, J., Huang, W., Pistrui, D., & Welsch, H. (2009). Family contributions to entrepreneurial development in Lebanon. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 17 (3), 248-261.
- Fahed-Sreih, J. (2008). A perspective on corporate governance in Lebanese family businesses. In V. Gupta (Ed.), Family business models around the world. Punjagutta: the Icfai University press.
- Fahed-Sreih, J. (2004). Facts and figures concerning family business in Lebanon. Arlington, Texas: Franklin Publishing.
- Sreih, Josiane Fahed/ Lussier, Robert N/ Sonfield, Matthew C. (2019). Differences in Management Styles, Levels of Profitability and Performance across Generations in Family Businesses. Journal of Organizational Change Management.
- Kassar, A./ El Gammal, W. (2017). Engagement of Family Members, Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility in Family Owned Enterprises. Journal of Organizational Change Management. Managing Organizational Change in Emerging Markets. Vol.31, No.1.
- Capodaglio, Allesandro/ Iacoviello, Giuseppina/ Neri, Gianpaolo (2017). Family Business. From an informally managed and unstructured Model to a structured, formally managed larger Enterprise. Corporate Ownership and Control Journal. Vol.15, Issue 1.
- Kassar, A. (2017). Strategic Planning, Performance and Innovative Capabilities of non- Family Members in Family Businesses. International Journal of Innovation Management. Vol. 21, No. 7.
- Kassar, A. (2018). Human Recourse Management and Innovative capabilities of non-family employees on the performance of Family Businesses moderated by Strategic Planning and Governance Practices. Journal of Promotion Management. Vol 24, No.5, pp. 1-23.
- Khalife, J. (2017). Guiding the Governance System for the Future using Dynamic Modeling Techniques. International Journal of Corporate Governance. Vol.8, No.1.
- Family Businesses and Management Styles: A Cluster Analysis Approach. Contemporary Management Research Journal (Ranked B)Accepted for publication.
- Maalouf, N. (2016). Determinants of Effective Succession in Family Businesses and their influence on Decision Making. International Journal of Work Organization and Emotion. Vol. 7 No 4.
- Assaker, G./ Hallak, R. (2016). Entrepreneurial experience, support for community and enterprise performance. A study of family businesses in Lebanon. Contemporary Management Research Journal. Vol. 12, No. 4.
- Member of four Boards of Directors, 2007 - present (three as a shareholder and one as an independent advisor).
- Founder of the first academic institute for family businesses in Lebanon and the Middle East.
Awards and Distinctions
- Family Business Award, 2007.