Elham S. Hasham
Who Is She
Associate Professor, TMS Facilitator, Trainer, Consultant
Elham S. Hasham
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
Notre Dame University
Faculty of Business & Economics
72, Zouk Mikayel
208312 9 961 & 218950 9 961 مقسم 2455
218771 9 961
- Doctorate degree, Educational Leadership, Management & Administration, 2003, Leicester University, United Kingdom.
- Doctorate degree (ABD), Business Management, 1999, Holy Spirit University in Kaslik (USEK), Lebanon.
- Master's degree (DEA), Business Management, 1997, Holy Spirit University in Kaslik (USEK), Lebanon.
- Master's degree (M.B.A.), Business Administration, 1994, Notre Dame University (NDU), Lebanon.
- Bachelor degree, Business Computer, 1982, Beirut University College (currently Lebanese American University), Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Human Resource Management
- Intercultural Management
- Interpersonal Communication
- Organizational Behavior
- Associate Professor, Advisor (Graduate Program-Project, Operations Management, and Human Resources Management), Supervisor of graduate theses, 2007 - present, Department of Marketing and Management, Notre Dame University.
- TMS-Team Management Systems Facilitator, EBW-Emotions and Behavior at Work Facilitator, 2007 - present, Department of Marketing and Management, Notre Dame University.
- Coordinator of the Master of International Business (Lebanon/Bordeaux), 2007 - present, Department of Marketing and Management, Notre Dame University.
- Professional Trainer, 2007 - present, International Consultancy and Training Network (ICTN).
- Managerial Consultant, 2007 - present, Australian Consulting Engineers (ACE), Managerial Consultant for Australian Lebanese Drafting Services (ALDS), and Managerial Consultant for Future Build.
- Director of Admissions, Orientation and International Recruitment, 2000 - 2006, Notre Dame University, Lebanon.
- Lecturer and Coordinator, 1994 - 2000, Department of Management and Department of English, Notre Dame University.
- Chairperson, 1994 - 2000, English Department for School of Business & Management Department, School of Business and School of Law, Holy Spirit University in Kaslik.
- Dean of Students, 1989 - 1994, Notre Dame University, North Lebanon Campus.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the Lebanese League of Women in Business (LLWB), 2009 - present.
- Member of the Human Resource Association of Lebanon (HRAL), 2009 - present.
- Member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), 2000 - 2006.
- Member of the European Association of International Education (EAIE), 2000 - 2006.
- Member of the College Board, USA, 2000 - 2006.
- Member of the Association of International Educators (NAFSA), 2000 - 2006.
- Member of the National Apostolate of Maronites (NAM) USA, 2000 - present.
- Secretary of Executive Committee of the Alumni Association at the Lebanese American University.
- Founding member of the North Lebanon Campus of Notre Dame University.
- Hasham, E. S. (2011). Organizational Behavior (Arab World Edition). New Jersey: Pearson Prentice-Hall
- Hasham, E. S. (February, 2010). The art of decision making in institutions of higher education: A case study of Notre Dame University and the Lebanese American University. Advances in Management, 3 (2), 59-65.
- Hasham, E. S. (Winter Issue, 2010). Even though, we had full houses and rode the waves with aptitude! The Chamber.
- Hasham, E. S. and Goff-Kfouri, C. A. (2010). The impact of learning outcomes on student judgment: A case study of Notre Dame University, Lebanon. Program and Learning Assessment Conference, Lebanese American University Center for Program and Learning Assessment, in collaboration with Ford Foundation.
- Hasham, E. S. (2009). Satisfaction is a prerequisite for motivation to enhance productivity in institutions of higher education: A case study of Notre Dame University. The International Industrial Relations Association (IIRA) 15th World Congress, Sydney, Australia.
- Hasham, E. S. (2008). Academic Institutions Are No Different To Any Other: Total Quality Management Does Enhance Performance. The International Conference on Technology, Communication and Education (iCTE): Gulf University for Science and Technology, Kuwait.
- Hasham, E. S. (Winter Issue, 2005). Higher education in Lebanon: Notre Dame University. The Chamber, 14 - 15.
- Profile selected to appear in 2009/2010 Edition of Emerald Who’s Who for Executives and Professionals.
- Reviewing 3 Prentice-Hall publications:
- Kotler, P., & Keller, K. (2011). Marketing management (1st Arab World Edition). New Jersey: Prentice-Hall.
- Hubbard, G. & O'Brian, P.A. (2011). Economics (1st Arab World Edition). New Jersey: Prentice-Hall.
- Daniels, J., Radebaugh, L., & Sullivan, D. (2011). International business – (13th & Global Edition). New Jersey: Prentice-Hall.
- Author of Case Studies included in the following Prentice-Hall publications:
- Hasham, E. (2011). The sensational coffee experience [Chapter 9 - Leadership & decision making]. In R. Ebert & R. Griffin, Business essentials (8th & Global Edition). New Jersey: Prentice-Hall.
- Hasham, E. (2011). Real talent is hard to find, hard to shape, once found a treasure to keep [ Chapter 10 - Human resource management & labor relations]. In R. Ebert & R. Griffin, Business Essentials (8th & Global Edition).
- Hasham, E. (2011). When the cat’s away, the mice will play [Chapter 4 - Building positive relationships]. In D. A. Whetten & K. S. Cameron, Developing management skills(8th & Global Edition).
- Hasham, E. (2011). She loves a challenge! [Chapter 9 - Building effective teams and teamwork). In D. A. Whetten & K. S. Cameron, Developing management skills (8th & Global Edition).
Awards and Distinctions
- Nominated for 'Best Thesis of the Year Award' by British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society (BELMAS), 2003.
- Notre Dame University 20-Year Honor, 2007.
- Lebanese American University Medal of Honor, 2005.
- ARAB ACRAO Shield, 2004.