Zoya Jureidini Rouhana
Who Is She
Zoya Jureidini Rouhana
Contact information / Work
KAFA (enough) Violence & Exploitation
43, Badaro str., Beydoun Bldg., 1st. flr.
392221 1 961 و 392220 1 961
392220 1 961
101715 3 961
- Bachelor degree, Business Administration, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Gender Based Violence (emphasis Violence on Women)
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Trafficking in Women and Children
- Director, 2005 - present, KAFA (enough) Violence & Exploitation.
- General Coordinator, 1997 - 2005, Lebanese Council to Resist Violence against Women.
- General Coordinator, 1996 - 2008, The Arab Women's Court (an Arab Network to Resist Violence against Women).
- Secretary of Women's Affairs, 1986 - 1995, Secours Populaire Libanais.
- Member of the Executive Committee, 1979 - 1982, League of Lebanese Women's Rights.
- Social and Economic Research Assistant, 1978 - 1985, The Consultation and Research Institute.
Honorary office and memberships
- Founding Member of Kafa (enough) Violence & Exploitation, 2005 - present.
- Founding Member of the Lebanese Council to Resist Violence against Women, 1997 - 2005.
- Founding Member of The Arab Women's Court (an Arab Network to Resist Violence against Women), 1996 - 2008.
- Launching and managing drafting the law and the related campaign to protect women from family violence, 2007 - present.
- Launching and managing the Silent Witness Exhibition in Lebanon, 2005.
- Launching and managing the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence in Lebanon, 2005.
- Launching and managing the Feminist Rights Campaign to amend the Personal Status Codes, 1998
- Organizing the second regional public hearing on violence against women and the personal status codes in Beirut, 1998.
- Establishing and operating the hotline service for abused women in Lebanon, 1997.
- Establishing and managing the Listening and Counseling Center for Abused Women in Lebanon, 1997.
- Organizing the first regional public hearing on violence against women in the Arab world in Beirut, 1995.
- Organizing several regional meetings meetings on violence against women.
Awards and Distinctions
- The U.S. Secretary of State's International Women of Courage award, March 2007.