Who Is She
Contact information / Work
Lebanese University – University Institute of Technology (Saida)
Computer Communications Networks Engineering
Lebanese University – UIT Saida
750190 7 961
750199 7 961
- Doctorate degree, Electronics - Microelectronics, 1996, University of Lille, France.
- Master's degree, Research, 1992, University of Lille, France.
Areas of expertise
- Microwaves Antennas and Circuits
- Microwave Sensors
- Biomedical Sensors
- Chair of the Computer Communications Networks Engineering department, 2008 - 2011, Lebanese University (Saida).
- Associate professor, 1998 - present, Lebanese University (Saida).
- Research engineer, 1997, Ballofet Group - France.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of Wehwealth group, 2010 - present.
- Member of the Steering Committee of Millenia 2015, 2008 - present.
- Member of ASTF – women branch, 2008 - present.
- Sadek, S., & Katbay, Z. (2010, June). UWB cedar patch antenna. International Journal of Research and Reviews in Computer Science , 1 (2), 38 - 41.
- Obeid, D., Sadek, S., Zaharia, G., & El-Zein, G. (2010, January). Multitunable microwave system for touchless heartbeat detection and heart rate variability extraction. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 52 (1), 192 - 198.
- Obeid, D., Sadek, S., Zaharia, G., & El-Zein, G. (2010, September). Touch-less heartbeat detection and measurement - based cardiopulmonary modeling. In Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), 2010 Annual International Conference of the IEEE (pp. 658 - 661). New York: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Obeid, D., Sadek, S., Zaharia, G., & El-Zein, G. (2009, March). Non contact heartbeat detection at 2.4, 5.8 and 60 GHz: A comparative study. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 51 (3), 666 - 669.
Exhibitions, lectures & performances:
- “A Wireless Microwave Sensor for Remote Monitoring of Heart and Respiration Activity”, a presentation by Sawsan Sadek, Lama Ghattas and Lama Fawaz, 10th Microwave Mediterranean Symposium, IEEE, 25 - 27 August 2010, Northern Cyprus Campus, Middle East Technology University, Turkey.
- "Ultra Wideband CPW Bow-Tie Antena", a presentation by Sawsan Sadek & Zahra Katbay, IEEE - International conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA09), 14-18 September 2009, Torino, Italy.
- "Wideband Antenna for WLAN Applications", a presentation by Sawsan Sadek & Zahra Katbay, First IEEE International Conference on Advanced Computational Tools for Engineering Applications, ACTEA 2009, 15-17 July, 2009, Beirut, Lebanon.