Who Is She
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Master's degree, Visual Arts, 2000, Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts (ALBA), Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Game Production
- Visual Arts
- Co-founder, Partner and Educator, 2008-present, Wixel Studios.
- Founder CEO, 2017- present, Spicatech
- Lecturer, 2019-present LAU
- Lecturer, 2011-present, Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (USEK).
- Lecturer, 2003-present, Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts (ALBA)
- Head of Production Department, 2003-2008, Digipen Institute of Technology.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the LSAC, 2010.
Awards and Distinctions
With more than seventeen years in the gaming industry and fifteen years in higher education, Reine Abbas is one of the first female game designers in the Middle East and the first to be a founder of a video games company. She is the COO and Co-Founder of Wixel Studios, the first independent gaming company in Lebanon and one of the first in the Mena Region. She is also the CEO and founder of Spica Tech, one of the few gaming academies in the region. Abbas’ work has been recognized around the world and she has won many awards,
WIT Women in Technology Award 2010, the WOW award for artistic expressions 2013 at the 6th New Arab Woman Forum,
Inc.com’s World’s five most powerful women in gaming in 2013,
One of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Arab Women in both 2014 and 2015 as selected by ArabianBusiness.com,
Winner of the MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab Region competition 2017 and
Mena Region winner in the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards of 2019. In 2019,
Won the Best Animation award at the ARFF Paris International Awards for her music video “Right Now”.
Featured in Forbes 2019 and was a TEDx Beirut speaker in 2011.
- Winner of the "Artistic Expression" Award (WOW) at the 6th New Arab Woman Forum, 2013. http://www.nawforum.com/wow/2013/winners
- Winner of the "Innovation in ICT" Award, organized by the Women in Information Technology for creating programs based on developing interactive games, 2010. http://www.wit.org.lb/template3details.asp?id=67&navID=0