Who Is She
Journalist, Talk Show Host/Presenter, TV Producer, University Lecturer, Social Activist
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
Journalism and Communication
924815 5 961
968301 3 961
- Master's degree, Journalism, 2000, Sorbonne-Paris University, France.
- Master's degree, Journalism/Radio and Television, 2000, The Centre de Formation et de Perfectionnement des Journalistes-Paris, France.
- Bachelor's degree, Information and Communication, 1998, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- TV Production
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Public Speaking
- Media and Advocacy Advisor, 2014-present, K2P Center at the American University of Beirut.
- Head of Journalism and Communication School, 2009-present, Antonine University.
- University Lecturer, 2006-present, Antonine University.
- Founding Partner, 2009-2014, Beyond Reform and Development.
- Talk Show Host/Presenter and producer, 2001-2009, New TV and Future TV.
- Editor-in-Chief, 1997-1999, Asda' magazine.
Honorary office and memberships
- Vice-president and communication manager of the Tobacco-Free-Initiative, 2005-present.
- Baroud, R. (Host and Producer). (2009-2010). jalsit niswein [a lady's gathering] [Television broadcast], Future Television.
- Baroud, R. (Host and Producer). (2004-2007). Al-hal bi idak [the solution is in your hand] [Television broadcast], New TV.
- Baroud, R. (Host and Producer). (2006). Wajhan li wajh [face to face] [Television broadcast], New TV.
- Baroud, R. (Host and Producer). (2002-2004). Al-hadath [the event] [Television broadcast], New TV.
- Ms. Baroud was the public figure and one of the main actors who worked on the lobbying campaign for passing the law 174 on "Smoking Control" in Lebanon, 2011.
Exhibitions, lectures & performances:
- Trainer at the workshop on using Research Evidence for Policy-making about Communication, Lobbying and Advocacy, organized by the World Health Organization - Europe, Izmir, Turkey, October 2013.
- Speaker at the international conference on Knowledge Translation about how to translate academic research into policies, organized by the American University of Beirut and Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service in Qatar, September 2013.
- Speaker at the international conference of the 8th Annual Global Tobacco Control Leadership Program about Communication and Advocacy for Public Health, organized by Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA, June 2013.
Awards and Distinctions
- Received the 1st Middle East Award for the Tobacco-Free initiative by the World Health Organization, 2009.