Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
As Executive Editor of Al-Bia Wal-Tanmia (Environment & Development magazine, Raghida Haddad had a leading role in promoting environmental awareness in Lebanon and the Arab region, including the creation of more than 400 environmental clubs at schools. The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) described Al-Bia Wal-Tanmia as an “influential magazine that triggered an unprecedented public awareness campaign in the Middle East… and created a pan-Arab environmental movement, which strongly helped place the environment on the agenda.”
As founding member of Lebanon Mountain Trail Association, and lecturer/trainer on environmental journalism, Raghida Haddad was instrumental in promoting environmental awareness and nature preservation.
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Bachelor in Science, 1975, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- Lebanese Baccalaureat II, 1971, National College of Choueifat (SABIS), Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Environmental Journalism
- University Lecturing
- Science Journalism Training
- Executive Editor, 1996 - present, Al-Bia Wal-Tanmia (Environment & Development) magazine.
- Senior Lecturer, 2015 – present, Lebanese University, Master Program on Environmental and Health Journalism.
- Mentor and Coordinator, 2006 - 2012, World Federation of Science Journalists (WFSJ), Mentoring Program on Science Journalism
- Manager, 1996 - present, Technical Publications.
- Managing Editor, 1979 - 1993, Al-Mukhtar (the Arabic edition of The Reader’s Digest).
- Lecturer on Media Translation, 1990 - 2004, Saint - Joseph University.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the Lebanese Federation of Press, 1988 - present.
- Founding Member of Lebanon Mountain Trail Association, 2006 - present.
- Founding Member of the Lebanese Association of Appropriate Technology, 2002 - present.
- Only Arab journalist to have participated with international scientists in a journey to the Arctic witnessing the ice meltdown and global warming, summer 2008.
- Editor of several books about environmental issues and environmental education.
Awards and Distinctions
- Stories of Women at AUB, book and exhibition, selected among 70 AUB women graduates who “have competed and succeeded in their careers and made an impact on the world,” from among thousands of women graduates since the American University of Beirut was founded in 1866.
- Earth Journalism Award, by Internews (the global media organization), 2009.