Who Is She
Columnist, Senior Diplomatic Correspondent
Contact information / Work
Areas of expertise
- International Correspondence
- Political Analysis
- Columnist and Senior Diplomatic Correspondent, 1989 - present, Al-Hayat Newspaper.
- Political analyst, NBC, MSNBC in the United States, and the Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation (LBC).
- Contributing Editor, L. A. Times Syndicate Global Viewpoint, The New York Times, The Washington Post, International Herald Tribune, and Newsweek magazine.
- Political Commentator on PBS, and Fox News, CNN, ABC, CBS, and Al-Jazeera TV.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Member of the International Media Council of the World Economic Forum, World Economic Forum.
- Board member of the International Women's Media Foundation.
- Appointed by Kofi Annan in the Working Group on the reorientation of public opinion.
- Chairman of the Dag Hammarskjold Fund Board, 2005.
- President of The United Nations Correspondents Association, 1997.
- Covering the Madrid Middle East Peace Conference; Islamic Summits; Nonaligned Summits; The Casablanca Economic Summit; The Denver Summit of Eight and the Extraordinary Amman Summit.
- Accompanying UN Secretary General Kofi Annan on his tours of the Middle East.
- Interviewing main Arab and Muslim leaders, namely:
- Jordan's King Abdallah and the late King Hussein
- Pakistan’s President Parviz Musharref
- Lebanon’s President Michel Suleiman
- Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak
- Palestinian Presidents Mahmoud Abbas and Yasser Arafat
- Jalal Talabani in Iraq
- Yemen's President Abdallah Saleh
- Sudan's President Omar Al-Bashir
- Lebanon’s former PM Fouad Siniora.
- Exclusive interviews with more than 50 foreign ministers, U.S. presidents, secretaries of state, and other world leaders, namely former US President George W. Bush, Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice and her predecessor Colin Powell, Russia's former President Boris Yeltsin.
Newspaper articles and columns:
- Dergham, R. (2010, February 12). American voices defending the Iranian nuclear program in order to blackmail the Arabs! Al-Hayat [Electronic version].
- Dergham, R. (2010, January 14). Consensus and “belt-tightening” between the US and China over the position of superpower. Al-Hayat [Electronic version].
- Dergham, R. (2010, January 1). The oppression of the Iranian regime destroys its aura.Al-Hayat [Electronic version].
- Dergham, R. (2009, March 6). The dangers of striking deals with radicals and defient ones. Al-Hayat [Electronic version].
- Dergham, R. (2008, October 24). The novelty of Obama in American politics. Al-Hayat[Electronic version].
- Dergham, R. (2006, June 30). The Palestinian crisis: Stuck between the Israeli pincers and Syrian-Iranian interests. Al-Hayat [Electronic version].
- Dergham, R. (2006, June 23). Absence of rationality paves the way for winning scenarios. Al-Hayat [Electronic version].
- Dergham, R. (2004, August 27). The problem for republicans is their wager on a president who is hostage to clique of extremists. Al-Hayat [Electronic version].
Awards and Distinctions
- Distinguished Alumna in SUNY's Hall of Fame.
- Honorary doctorate degree, Literature, New York State University in Blazburg, United States of America, 2003.