Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
In the context where Lebanese leaders and communities have diverse standings and concerns, sustainable achievements are read in terms of inclusion, empowerment and peace.
- Bringing the women to the front line of the solution in a context where woman was viewed as passive problem. Thousands of orphans and vulnerable girls have been empowered to meet tangible opportunities and enjoy an entirely different life.
- Promoting the concept of inclusion in terms of providing equal opportunities to all individuals irrespective of their race, color, sex, or social and ideological backgrounds.
- Defining and applying education as means for realizing the noble goals of equity, peace and affluence.
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Doctorate degree, Philosophy, 2009 - present (under preparation), Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Master's degree, Philosophy, 2009, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Bachelor degree, Philosophy, 1994, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Baccalaureate (part II), 1976.
Areas of expertise
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Rural Community Development
- Inter-Faith Dialogue
- Managing Director and Chairperson, 1962 - present, Imam Sadr Foundation.
- Founder of the Imam Mussa Sadr Center for Research and Studies.
- Giving lectures about different topics including freedom, reform, human rights, human development, dialogue, family, rights and the role of women.
- Organizing several conferences about different topics such as: human development (religious, social and epistemological Aspects, freedom, Reform and Change, humane, national, and legal dimensions of Imam Al-Sadr’s case, contemporary media, dialogue of civilizations, and resistance.
Awards and Distinctions
- The Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters from the Lebanese American University-Lebanon, 2006.
- A Recognition Certificate from the General Secretary of the United Nations, 2000.
- The Cedar Award, Knight’s Rank, 1993.
- The Golden Award (La Grande Médaille D’or avec Croix et Cordon), awarded by Charity and Humanitarian Work Committee in France, 1992.
- Medal of Recognition (Cross Pro Merito Melitensi) awarded by the Sovereign Order of Malta (L’ordre Souverein de Malte), 1991.