Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
Through my work as a screenwriter and filmmaker I try to serve Lebanon in two ways: The first is to tell stories from and about Lebanon, because I believe that if we don't tell our own stories, no one else will do that for us. The second way is to make Lebanon visible as a country at film festivals and events worldwide.
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Master of Fine Arts degree (MFA), Screenwriting and Film Studies, 2008-2010, Hollins University, Virginia, United States of America.
- Master's degree, Education, 2001-2005, Lebanese American University, Lebanon.
- Bachelor's degree, Communication Arts (Radio/TV/Film), 1997-2000, Lebanese American University, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Production (Film/TV)
- Story and Script Consulting
- Independent Film Making and Financing
- Film and Scriptwriting Education
- Commissioning & Acquisitions Producer, TRT World, 2017 - Present
- Co-Founder & Executive Producer, 2010- Present, Placeless Films llc.
- Producer, 2005-2010, Al-Jazeera Satellite Channel
- Member and Co-Host, 2004-2017, The D-Word (the largest online forum for international documentary professionals).
Honorary office and memberships
- Jury member, 2014-present, San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival
- Associate Director of the Refugee Film Program at the Veteran, Immigrant and Refugee Trauma Institute of Sacramento, 2014-2015
- Member, LAU-Alumni Association - Doha Chapter, 2006-2010.
- Itani, N. (Producer and Director). (2015). Twice upon a time. [Documentary]. Beirut: Placeless Films llc. and Al-Jazeera Documentary Channel
- Itani, N. (Screenwriter and Director). (2010). Super. Full. [Film]. Doha: Placeless Films llc. and the Doha Film Institute
- Itani, N. (Co-Producer). (2014). Transit game. [Film]. Beirut: Sepasi Films and Placeless Films llc.
- Speaker at a children and family services center during a workshop for professionals working with refugees relocating to California from around the globe, Walnut Creek, California, 2013
- Trainer at the workshop entitled "harrer, harrer" organized by the Doha Film Institute, Beirut, 2011
Awards and Distinctions
- Winner, “Best Feature Documentary” Award at the Lebanese Film Festival for the film, “Twice Upon a Time”, 2016
- Winner, Best Short Film Award for the movie entitled "Transit Game" at the Arab Film Festival in San Francisco, 2014
- Winner, Best Screenplay Award for the short screenplay entitled "Super.Full" at the Zanzibar Screenwriting Workshop organized by MAISHA and the Doha Film Institute, Tanzania, 2010
- Winner, Jury Commendation for the short film entitled "Super.Full" at the Foster Film Festival, Australia, 2012
- Finalist for the film entitled "Super.Full" at "Your Film Festival" organized by Google and YouTube, Sir Ridley Scott and Michael Fassbender
- Winner, production grant for the screenplay of "Shadow of a Man" from the Arab Fund for Arts and Culture (AFAC), 2012
- Winner, development grant for the screenplay of "Shadow of a Man" from the Doha Film Institute, 2011