Nayla Rene Moawad
Who Is She
Former Minister, former MP, President
Nayla Rene Moawad
Contact information / Private
452504 5 961 و 456355 5 961
Contact information / Work
Baabda, Brazilia, Pierre Helou str., Morita Bldg.
456452 5 961 و 459007 5 961
459056 5 961
600023 3 961
- French Literature degree, 1963, Ecole des Lettres [School of Humanities], Lebanon.
- GCE (English Language), 1959, England Cambridge Davies School.
Areas of expertise
- Social Sciences
- Minister of Social Affairs, 2005 - 2008, Lebanese Republic.
- Member of Parliament, 1991 - 2009, Lebanese Republic.
- Journalist, 1962 - 1965, L'Orient - Le Jour.
Honorary office and memberships
- Founder and President of Rene Moawad Foundation, 1990 - present.
- Founder and Honorary President of Rene Moawad Foundation in the USA, 1993 - present.
- Member of the Strategic Council of the Saint-Joseph University, 1998 - present.
- Member of the Qornet Shehwan coalition, 2001 - 2003.
- Head of the Association of Followers of Late President of the Lebanese Republic Mr. Rene Moawad, 1989 - 2010>
- Member of the 14th of March Movement, 2005 - present.
- Member of the Lebanese Association of Sociologists.
- Member of the “Groupe du Lundi” Movement, 1961 – 1965.
- Leading the campaigns that yielded to the issuing of a new law that stipulates that education is compulsory in Lebanon for boys and girls (1998), and the law that prohibits employment of children who are less than 14 years old (1996).
- Among the first journalists to have published articles about street children and rights of children in the Lebanese law in the french newspaper L'Orient-Le Jour, 1963 - 1965.
Awards and Distinctions
- “Commandator” Decoration from the Italian Republic.
- Legion d’Honneur from the French Republic, 2008.