Nada Sardouk Ghandour
Who Is She
Nada Sardouk Ghandour
Contact information / Work
Ministry of Tourism
11 - 5344
550 Central Bank Str., Hamra
961 1 340940
961 1 340945
- Doctorate degree, Linguistics.
- Master's degree, Teaching French.
- Bachelor degree, French language and literature.
Areas of expertise
- Linguistics: Language Acquisition
- Education and Pedagogy
- Curriculum evaluation and Educational Systems
- Training of Trainers
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Director General, 2002 - present, Ministry of Tourism.
- Pedagogic inspector, Central Audit Authority.
- Professor of French Language and Literature, Faculties of education, health and tourism of the Lebanese University.
- Advisor, Diploma of specialized studies, Faculty of Tourism, Lebanese University.
Honorary office and memberships
- Vice-President for the Middle East, World Tourism Experts Association.
- Member of the Association of Graduates of Harvard - Kennedy School, 2010.
- Member of the Tunisian - Lebanese Brotherhood Association, 2009.
- Vice - President of the Board of Trustees of the University of Kafaat, 2009.
- Honorary member of the JICA Alumni Association, 2008.
- President of the Arab Commission for the Quality of Tourism Services (Arab League), 2004.
- Member of the Lebanese Association of French Teachers, 1998 - 2010.
- Member of the National Committee of Evaluation, 1997 - 1999.
- Member of the Permanent Formation Committee for French Teachers, 1995 - 2000.
- Sardouk, N. (2002, February). L’enseignement bilingue au Liban: Une tradition qui dure [Bilingual education in Lebanon: A tradition that lasts]. Le Français dans le monde, 319, 13-14.
- Sardouk, N. et al. (1999). Dire et lire. [Read and say]. Sin El-Fil: Centre national de recherche et de développement pédagogiques.
- Attended a training course organized by Harvard - Kennedy School on the Middle East and changing circumstances, 2010.
- Participated in the program of study on the development of tourism projects, organized by the Japanese Organization for Cooperation (JICA) in Japan, in 2005.
- Participated in global forums on tourism and economic development concepts as a speaker from Lebanon, notably in Italy (Forum on Tourism in the Mediterranean Area, 2002), Germany (German-Arab Tourism Forum, 2004), France (Forum de Paris, 2008), and United Arab Emirates (Dubai) (Middle East Tourism Marketing Summit, 2009).
- Organized many conferences and forums related to tourism, namely the Conference of Arab Ministers of Tourism in 2007 and a conference on tourism statistics systems (with the World Tourism Organization) in 2006.
- Attended the International Visitor Leadership Program administered by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, during the Conference on Arab Women Leaders in the United States of America, in 2004.
Awards and Distinctions
- Honorary trophy awarded by organizers of Horeca.
- Honorary trophy awarded by organizers of the The Arab World Travel and Tourism Exchange (AWTTE).