Myrna Semaan Haber
Who Is She
Myrna Semaan Haber
Contact information / Private
220665 9 961
471386 3 961
Contact information / Work
American University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Sciences
478143 9 961 مقسم 115
666215 3 961
- Research Fellow /Post Doc., 2003, University of California, Berkeley, United States of America.
- Doctorate degree, Molecular Systematics and Conservation, 2000, University of Reading, England.
Areas of expertise
- Molecular / DNA studies
- Environmental Analysis
- Dean, 2008 - present, Faculty of Applied Sciences, American University of Technology.
- Freelance Consultant and Project Developer, 1995 - present, Different governmental, national and international organizations.
- Assistant & Associate Professor, 2000 - 2008, (USEK, NDU, LU, AUST, HAIGAZIAN).
Honorary office and memberships
- Member, plant chief officer, & Vice Secretary General (currently) of the Friends of Nature, 1990 - present.
- Member representative of Lebanon of the IUCN Species Survival Commission-
- Conifer Specialist Group (SSC-CSG), 1999 - present.
- Haber, R. M. & Semaan-Haber, M. (2010). Floral enchantment to Lebanon: Natural heritage from the Mediterranean spaces and species (II). Beirut: Terre du Liban.
- Haber, R. M. & Semaan-Haber, M. (2010). Orchids of Lebanon: Natural heritage from the Mediterranean spaces and species (I). Beirut: Terre du Liban.
- Semaan, M.T. & Dodd, R. (2008). Genetic variability and structure of the remnant natural populations of Cedrus libani (Pinaceae) of Lebanon. Tree Genetics and Genomes, 4, 757-766, DOI 10.1007/s11295-008-0148-y
- Semaan, M.T. et al. (2006). War and biodiversity. In United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Lebanon, rapid environmental assessment for greening, recovery, reconstruction, and reform, 1 - 55. Beirut: UNDP.
- Discovering and describing new plant species under the plant author name 'Semaan', since 2002.
- Establishing first nature reserves by parliamentary law in Lebanon, 1992.
Awards and Distinctions
- Pioneer Woman in Environmental Protection and Conservation Award from the National Commission for Lebanese Women in reward for a history of environmental activism for conservation of biodiversity and for pioneering establishment of nature reserves with Dr. Ricardus Haber, 2010.
- AUB Alumni Author from AUB Alumni Literary Festival Award, honoring authors in the occasion of Beirut World Book Capital, 2010.
- Fulbright Scholar from the Fulbright Commission (USA) for commitment for researching conifers and particularly Cedars of Lebanon for conservation purposes, 2003.