Mona Hussein Haidar
Who Is She
Mona Hussein Haidar
Contact information / Private
797722 3 961
Contact information / Work
547254 9 961 مقسم 2840
546090 9 961
- Master's degree, Public Health (Global Health concentration), 2009, Harvard School of Public Health, United States of America.
- Internal Medicine Residency, 2006, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- Medical degree, 2003, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- Bachelor of Science degree, Nutrition, 1998, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Social Medicine
- Global Health (focus on HIV)
- Internal Medicine
- Full time faculty & Leader of the social medicine and global health program (education, teaching, service and advocacy), 2009 - present, School of Medicine, Lebanese American University.
- Research Fellow, July 2008 - July 2009, Global Health& Social Medicine department, Harvard Medical School.
- Consultant, February - June 2008, School of Medicine, Lebanese American University.
- Clinic Director, January 2007 - January 2008, Lesotho HIV rural initiative (scale up of HIV testing and treatment in the rural areas of Lesotho), Partners In Health.
- Public Health and EWARS (Early Warning and Response System) Officer, September/November/December 2006, World Health Organization (Lebanon).
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the Lebanese Aids Society, 2010 - present.
- Member of the Web-based Communities of the Global Health Delivery Project, 2009 - present.
- Member of the Harvard Alumni, 2009 - present.
- Member of the People Health Movement, 2006 - present.
- Member of the Worldwide Alumni Association of AUB, 2003 - present.
- Volunteer with the Volunteer Outreach Clinic, 2001 - present.
-Harvard Medical School, Global Health & Social Medicine department:
- Participating in the research and development of academic products for the Global Health Delivery project.
- Participating teaching the course “Introduction to Social Medicine” .
- Co-moderating the adherence for antiretroviral therapy and retention web-based community of practice for global health implementers.
-Lebanese American University School of Medicine: Developing the social medicine and global health curriculum.
-Lesotho HIV Rural Initiative, Partners in Health:
- Providing medical care including HIV testing and counseling, antiretroviral therapy, & tuberculosis treatment.
- Training community health workers on HIV, Tuberculosis, and primary care.
- Supervising the clinic’s income generating projects, food and formula programs.