Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
Makhzoumi Foundation, under my leadership has reached 100 thousands of people across the country. By empowering them, through skills to progress at work, through economy by providing Micro Credit and know how to run business, through Health care by advocating preventive methods, campaigns and Clinic services, through development program raising awareness of alternative energy, waste management, providing solutions, as well as working with municipalities and schools. I have been only Lebanese participating in 2014 UNESCO World Conference on ESD, where the SDGs were agreed. I sit on the Jury of the Japanese ESD Prize and I won UNESCO, and Global Hope Awards, only one from Lebanon, In US.
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- The Philanthropy Workshop Certificate, 2009, Institute for Philanthropy, United Kingdom.
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy, 1975, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Areas of expertise
- Management/ Administration
- Strategic Philanthropy
- Human Resources
- Public Relations
- Family Businesses Governance
- Member, 2000 - present, Board of Directors of several Future Group Companies.
- Director, 2001- 2013, Future Pipe Group (London - United Kingdom).
- President, 2000-present, Makhzoumi Foundation.
- Vice-President, 1997-2000, Makhzoumi Foundation, Lebanon.
- Chairperson, 1992 - present, Future Management Services (London - United Kingdom).
- Director, 1982 - 1992, Future Management Services (London - United Kingdom).
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of Al-Makased Philanthropic Islamic Association of Beirut - May 2018
- UNGC Council Leader for Goal 5 (Gender Equality) - October 2017
- Member of NUS Medicine International Council (NIC) Board, September 2017.
- Member of the National Commission of Lebanese Women- May 2017
- Invited to join the board of American University of Afghanistan (AUAF), April 2016
- Member of the Jury Member for the UNESCO-Japan Prize on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), July 2015 - June 2016
- Elected to the Board of the WAAAUB (World Alumni Association of AUB), May 2015
- Member of the AMIDEAST Lebanon Advisory Board (ALAB), June 2014
- Sits on IC committee - Partnership for Excellence amongst others, December 2013
- Member, Board of Directors in DIFC, November 2013
- Member of the Middle East Advisory Board of the AUB Suliman S. Olayan School of Business, October 2013
- Member, Advisory Board of LAU (Lebanese American University), October 2013
- Member, Board of Future Pipe Industries Ltd., August 2013
- Member, Board of Institute of Family and Entrepreneurial Business, February 2013
- Member of President Club at AUB, 2009
- Member of the Institute of Philanthropy (UK), 2009
- Member, British/Lebanese Association (BLA), 1984
- Member, the Order of Pharmacists of Lebanon, 1979
- Member, AUB Alumni Association- 1975
Awards and Distinctions
- Honoured by the Woman and Business Development Council – “Entrepreneurship Award”, July 2018
- Honoured by the Arab Women Council – “Loyalty and Appreciation Jewel” Award for distinguished women in the social responsibility sector, March 2018
- Honoured by the Speaker of the House of Parliament, October 2017
- Selected among the 2017 Heroes of the Global Campaign against Extremism and Intolerance by the Global Hope Coalition and UNESCO -New York Public Library, September 2017.
- Honoured by the Haigazian University as Women of the Year Award. March 2017.
- Honoured by UNESCO – Metropolitan Museum in New York – A Tribute to Heroes from the Global Campaign to “Prevent and Overcome Violent Extremismat”, for the outstanding humanitarian efforts in Lebanon, September 2016
- Honoured by the Buck Institute – San Francisco – International Award for Philanthropy June 2014
- Honored by the Canadian Lebanese Community (Edmonton, Alberta), April 2009.
- Honored by the Killarney School and Glengarry School in Canada, November 2009
- Many honorary trophies from different organizations and institutes in appreciation for the many philanthropic deeds and developmental projects undertaken by the Makhzoumi Foundation.