Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
Loulwa Abdel Baki completed her studies in Psychology at the American University Of Beirut and Fashion Design at the Parsons School Of Design in New York. She opened Kalabsha in Beirut, Lebanon in1990. Her clothing features innovative cuts, stylish, easy to wear original designs which are recognizable everywhere.
Kalabsha is an Artisan fashion brand that designs prêt à porter fashion clothing for women. It is geared toward liberated women of all ages that strive to escape from the hegemonic and overbearing fashion molds ! Free, liberated, with no complexes searching for fashion that reflects their femininity and uniqueness.
Contact information / Work
- Associate in Applied Arts degree, Fashion Design, 1988, Parsons School of Design, New York, United States of America.
- Bachelor degree, Psychology, 1985, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Ready to Wear Design
- Costume Design (Theater and Film)
- Home Furnishing
- Owner and Fashion Designer, 1990- Present, Kalabsha for Fashion - Beirut.
- Assistant Designer, 1989, Street Life - New York.
- Assistant Designer, 1988, Necessary Objects - New York.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the Greenline Asssoiciation, 1998- 2000.
- Bi annual exhibition of Fashion Collections since 1990 -today
Costume designer in the following Productions:
- Hanane Haj jAli (Director and Actress). (2017) Jogging [Theatre play].
- Ghada Ghanem(Opera singer) Concert (2015)
- Ziad Rahbani (Composer and Director). Concert Unesco(2009).
- Al-Ashkar, N. (Director). (1999). Tlat niswein twal [Three tall women]. [Theatre play].
- Assaf, R. (Director). (1995). La Cantatrice Chauve [The bald soprano]. [Theatre play].
- Assadi, J. (Director). (1994). Al-Khadimatan [The maids]. [Theatre play].
- Al-Rahbani, Z. (Director). (1994). Lawla foshat el-amal.[Theatre play].
- Al-Rahbani, Z. (Director). (1993). Bikhsous el-karami wel shaab el aaneed. [Theatre play].