Who Is She
President of a NGO
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
League of Lebanese Women's Rights
817820 1 961
817820 1 961
398632 3 961
- Lebanese Baccalaureate, Deir An-Nasra School.
Areas of expertise
- Establishing and Managing a Non-Governmental Organization
- Women's Rights
- President, 1978 - present, League of Lebanese Women's Rights.
- Coordinator, regional office of the Women International Democratic Federation.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the board of the Women International Democratic Federation.
- President of the Lebanese Council of Women, 1996 - 2000.
- Former member of the Social Economic Council in Lebanon.
- Member of the Lebanese League of Women's Rights, 1953 - present.
- Lobbying for more than 40 years for amending laws that discriminate against women, and co-founding many of the women's non-governmental organizations in Lebanon.
- Running for parliamentary elections in 1996 & 2000.
- Nominated in 1995 by the French magazine Marie Claire as one of the 100 women who move the world.
- Attending nearly 60 Arab and regional conference, including United Nations conferences in Mexico, Copenhagen, Nairobi, and Beijing.
- Attending a number of the preparatory meetings for the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing in her capacity as an expert in women's issues.
- Authoring many newspaper articles and columns on women's issues, gender equality and democracy.
Awards and Distinctions
- Honored by Sheikha Fatima Bent Moubarak, 2002.
- Honored by many civil society organizations, namely the Cultural Movement of Antelias and Lebanese Council of Women.
- National Cedars Medal, Knight rank, 1998.
- Pioneer of the Women's Movement in the Arab region, 2002.