Lina Zaim Dada
Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
25 years ago, with the grace of God Almighty, a seed of goodness was planted and henceforth nourished with hard work and determination.
25 years ago, I started Ajialouna with few volunteers believing in the right of all people to have equal access to good health, social security and educational opportunities, we have been targeting the underprivileged in the Lebanese community (widows, orphans, students, poor families, the elderly and women) to improve their standard of living and increase their awareness to become properly educated, healthy, financially independent and able to function productively in society.
During all these years, one of my chief concern was the Lebanese woman. I always believed that empowering women with the knowledge, skills, and self-confidence. Though, the launching of the women empowerment program in Ajialouna where we invest in women to help them change their lives by teaching them a career to start businesses.
"There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women". Kofi Annan
Giving is receiving...The gift of giving is a wonderful feeling. It's a happy moment seeing the smile on one's face. I've been blessed to help others....
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Bachelor Degree, Dental and Oral Surgery (with distinction), 1981, Cairo University, Egypt.
Areas of expertise
- Dental and Oral Surgery
- Women's Issues
- Child Care
- Dentist - Dental and Oral Surgery (private clinic), 1981- Present.
Honorary office and memberships
- Founding Member and Vice President of the Arab Organization for School Health and Environment, 2000 - present.
- Founder and President of Ajialouna Association, 1995 - Present.
- Member of the International Advisory Council for the UNESCO Health Education and Teacher Training Office, 2001- 2011.
- Member in the Board of Directors of Mother and Child Organization, 1994 - 1996.
- Member in the Board of Trustees and president of the administrative board of Inmaa Association, 1987- 1994.
- Founder of the League of Volunteer Dentists in Beirut to serve public schools, 1989 – 2004.
- Member in the “IWF: International Forum Woman”, 2015 till Present.
- Developed the health card system for public schools adopted by the Lebanese Ministry of Health, 1995.
- Attended, "The Golden Shield of Excellence" for the Arab Women's Council, Oman, 2015.
- Attended, “NAAMA’s 26th International Medical Convention” “Frontiers in Prevention across medical specialists, Istanbul, July 2012.
- Organizer, "Riyadh is More Beautiful with Lebanon" and “Riaayat El-Kher”, Riyadh, 2005 & 2011.
- Attended, “The Role of Media in supporting Charitable Work," Riyadh, 2008.
- Organizer, the 2nd Arab health convention entitled "2020: Health-Promoting Schools in the Arab World", Beirut, 2003.
- Speaker, The Role of the Public Sector in Implementing the International Declaration of Children's Rights organized by the Higher Council for Childhood, UNESCO, Beirut, 2003.
- Speaker, The 6th National Convention on School and College Medicine organized by The Ministry of Public Health in Tunisia, 2000.
- Speaker, The Convention on School Health and Environment Awareness in Arab Countries organized by the Arab Council for Childhood and Development, Cairo, 1999.
- Chaired the First Arab Conference on School Health organized by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, the World Health Organization and Ajialouna, UNESCO, Beirut 1999.
- Speaker, “the Scientific Congress on the Civil Contributions of Women”, Kuwait, 1998.
Awards and Distinctions
- Tripoli Shield from Al Mina Tripoli Municipality 2017.
- Beirut City Shield from Beirut Municipality 2003.
- Health Merit Decoration from the President of the Lebanese Republic 1997.
- Peacemaker Award for Prosperity and Peace Summits achieved in 2017.
- Al-Sharjah Award for Voluntary Work in the Arab World 2007.
- Arab Cultural Club Award for social support activities in 2017.
- Arab Women Festival Award for Voluntary work in 2017.
- Guinness World Record Award for the Longest Iftar table for needy families achieved in 2017.
- The Social Change Visionaries Award from Middle East Partnership Initiative for the achievements and commitments in 2013.