Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
Leila has over many years now promoted a positive role model for Lebanese and Arab women in business, through holding executive positions in leading multinational companies, driving human capital development in the region, and advocating for women economic empowerment.
Contact information / Work
- Master's Degree, Business Administration, 2002-2003, INSEAD, France.
- Doctorate Degree, Signal Processing, 1996-1999, Imperial College, Great Britain.
- Bachelor Degree, Electrical and Computing Engineering, 1992-1995, Imperial College, Great Britain.
Areas of expertise
- Gender (women economic empowerment)
- Labor Market
- Partner and Managing Director, May 2014-present, The Boston Consulting Group.
- Vice-President and Partner, 2013-April 2014, Booz & Company Middle East.
- Associate, Senior Associate and Principal, 2004-2013, Booz & Company.
- Research and Development Manager, 2001-2002, Schlumberger.
- Senior Research Scientist, 1999-2001, Schlumberger.
- Hoteit, L., El Hachem, M., Erker, P. , Farah, S. (2018), Where to Invest Now in GCC Private Education, The Boston Consulting Group, http://image-src.bcg.com/Images/BCG-Where-to-Invest-Now-in-GCC-Private-Education_tcm9-188993.pdf
- Hoteit, L., Wilson, M., Puckett, J., Bailey, A. (2018). The Future of Technology Education, How Governments Can Help Bridge the 21st Century Skills Gap, The Boston Consulting Group, World Government Summit. https://www.worldgovernmentsummit.org/api/publications/document?id=a76994c4-e97c-6578-b2f8-ff0000a7ddb6
- Hoteit, L., Hildebrandt, J. , Merlino, P., Tortorella, A., Lemuuchi, B., Elgun, W. , Haddad, E., (2017), How Organizations in the Middle East Can Stretch Their Diversity Spend, The Boston Consulting Group, http://image-src.bcg.com/Images/BCG_How_Organizations_Middle_East_Stretch_Diversity_Dollars_2017_tcm9-171809.pdf
- Hoteit, L., Abouzahr, K. , Krentz, M., Tracey, C. (2017). Women on the Move. The Boston Consulting Group. https://www.bcg.com/publications/2017/people-organization-leadership-talent-women-on-the-move.aspx
- Hoteit, L., Shediac, R. & Jamjoom, M. (2013). Listening to students' voices: Putting students at the heart of education reform in the GCC. Booz & Company Inc.http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/media/file/Listening-to-students-voices.pdf
- Hoteit, L., Rupp, C., Sabbagh, K., & Aguirre D. (2012). Empowering the third billion: Women and the world of work in 2012. Booz & Company Inc.http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/media/file/Empowering-the-third-billion_B...
- Hoteit, L., Hiltunen, J., Sahlberg, P. & Moujaes, C. N. (2012). Transformation leadership in Education: Three key imperatives for lasting change. Booz & Company Inc. http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/media/uploads/Strategyand_Transformation-...
- Hoteit, L., Shehadi, R., Taraki, K. & Lamaa, A. (2011). Educated, ambitious, essential: Women will drive the GCC's future. Booz & Company Inc. http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/media/uploads/Strategyand-Educated-Ambiti...
- Hoteit, L., Moujaes, C. N. & Hiltunen, J. (2011). A decade of opportunity: The coming expansion of the private-schools market in the GCC. Booz & Company Inc. http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/media/uploads/Strategyand-Private-School-...
- Hoteit, L., Moujaes, C. (2011, August 10). Education must spread beyond school.The Financial Times. Available from the Financial Times Web site,http://www.ft.com/home/middleeast
- Panelist in MiSK Foundation hosted Davos panel on “Youth shaping a fractured world”, Davos, 2018
- Panelist in Women in the World on “Reinvent the rules”, New York, 2018,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_igfh7_OY
- Panelist at Harvard Arab World Conference on “Creating future-ready citizens: How can education create citizens who can navigate the increasing demands of a rapidly evolving economy”, Beirut, 2018
- Panelist at Maharat min Google launch on topic of digital skilling of women, Dubai, 2018
- Keynote speaker, SME Advisor, “Is the Future Female? Gender Parity in the World of Tomorrow”, Dubai, 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvXbpO-gD-s
- TED@BCG 2016 - Leila Hoteit: 3 lessons on success from an Arab businesswoman, https://www.ted.com/talks/leila_hoteit_3_lessons_on_success_from_an_arab_businesswoman?language=en
- Keynote speaker at the conference on "Women Entrepreneurs in MENA: Successes, Challenges and Policies", Dubai, 2012.
Awards and Distinctions
- Named as one of 100 Most Influential Arab Women by Forbes Middle East 2018
- Named as one of 200 Most Powerful Arab Women by Forbes Middle East 2014
- Selected by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader (Middle East), 2014. http://widgets.weforum.org/ygl-2014/