Laura Sfeir Schinder
Who Is She
President of a NGO
Laura Sfeir Schinder
Contact information / Private
Kalamoun Road, Residence Ahmad Schinder, Ras Maska
400066 6 961
924089 3 961
Contact information / Work
Lebanese Council to Resist Violence against Women
Damascus Rd, Bassoul Bldg., 2nd floor
612899 1 961 و 624060 1 961
612846 1 961 و 624060 1 961
- Master's degree, Sociology (Socio - Economic Science), 1978, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Bachelor degree, Sociology, 1974, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Lebanese Baccalaureate, Philosophy branch, 1971, National School (Tripoli), Lebanon.
- Intermediate School Diploma, 1968, Carmelites Sisters School (Tripoli), Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Gender Based Violence
- Domestic Violence
- Women's Rights
- President, 2006 - present, Lebanese Council to Resist Violence Against Woman (LECORVAW).
- Head of department (controller), 1975 - present, Ministry of Economy and Trade (Tripoli, Lebanon).
- Instructor, 1978 - 1982, Faculty of Social Sciences, Lebanese University.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the Salma Network (Regional), 2006 - present.
- Member of the Lebanese Women Network, 2005 - present.
- Member of the Lebanese Council of Women, 2003 - present.
- Member of the United women Council at North Lebanon, 1999 - present.
- Member of the Lebanese Council to Resist Violence Against Woman, 1997 - present.
- Sfeir - Schinder, L. (2004). Domestic Violence – The Lebanese family and its different issues. Beirut: Ministry of social affairs, Lebanese Republic.
- Sfeir - Schinder, L. (1978). The agriculture issues and its effects on socio – economic levels in the region of AKKAR. Unpublished master's thesis, Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Supervising the team of LECORVAW in charge of preparing the draft law for protection from domestic violence, 2009.
- Attending the "US Election Exchange" program hosted by American University and Meridian International and supported by MEPI, 2008.
- Appointed as one of the facilitators at the Euro-med Neighborhood Politics Debate (Human Rights in the Executive Plan for Lebanon), 2006.
- Appointed as Local Coordinator for the World March of Women / LEBANON, 2005.
Awards and Distinctions
- Honorary trophy awarded by Ryadiyoun Li Ajli Loubnan, 2009.