Who Is She
Contact information / Private
Hursh District, Katergi Bldg., 3rd fl.
961 1 646413
961 3 237303
Contact information / Work
Working Women League in Lebanon
Hursh District, Dahboul Bldg., 2nd fl.
961 1 646410
961 1 646410
- Bachelor degree, Law, 1984, Arab University, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Social Service
- Legal Service
- Gender Equality
- Rights of Children and Women
- Attorney, 1987 - present.
- Consultant for the Board and General Manager, 2000 - 2006, Tobacco Lebanese Company.
- Manager, 1980 - 2000, Tobacco Lebanese Company.
Honorary office and memberships
- President of the Family Rights Network, 2008 - present.
- Member of the Women's Committee of the Bar Association, 2007 - present.
- Legal consultant for the Arab Women Union, 2006 - present.
- President of the Lebanese Women Council, 2000 - 2004.
- Member of the National Arab Conference, 2000.
- Member of the World Movement of Democracy, 1999 - present.
- Member of the Tobacco Lebanese Company Syndicate, 1998 - 2006.
- Vice-President of the Lebanese Women Council, 1996 - 2000.
- President of the Working Women League in Lebanon, 1994 - present.
- Member of the Lawyers' Syndicate, 1987.
- Participated in the amendment of the Lebanese Labor Law to the advantage of working women.
- Participated in the amendment of bylaws of National Social Security Fund to the advantage of working women.
- Research and studies on the different issues related to the social and legal status of women and personal status laws in Lebanon and different Arab countries.
- Participated in the different campaigns to give Lebanese women the right to pass their nationality to the children and husbands.
- Participated in the campaigns to endorse the quota for women in municipal elections.
- Participated in many local and internatioal workshops, conferences, and talkshows dealing with the socio-political conditions in the Middle East.
- Preparation and participation in several TV programs (local and international) on women's rights and laws.
- Undertaking through the Family Rights Network Movement an ongoing campaign to secure equality for women and to raise in all sects the age at which a woman can have custody of her children.