Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
Doing research in areas such as Middle East requires an enormous amount of patience, creativity, cultural sensitivity and resourcefulness. I tried my best to be a faithful Regional Adviser on Gender and empowerment in Arab states and in my country Lebanon to represent the civilized face of what should be the future of women in this Area and conduct a more understanding role in human development. Through Socio-political research, I tried to lay the groundwork for the problems in my country for reform and access to democracy and freedom .I will continue this way.
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Doctorate degree, Social Sciences, 1991, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Doctorate degree, Political Sociology, 1987, University of Paris - Sorbonne Paris IV, France.
- Master's degree, Social Science, 1984, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Social Movements
- Social Science
- Lecturer in social policy and supervisor on doctoral research at the Higher Institute of PhD at the Lebanese University, 2019.
- Researcher at the Center for Political Studies, Regional and Turkish Affairs, Beirut, Advisor at the Jerusalem Center for Studies, Amman, Jordan, 2014-2019.
- Regional Advisor on gender and empowerment, 2008 - 2011, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia.
- Professor & Researcher, Social sciences, 1992 - 2018, Lebanese University.
- Researcher in the Faculty of Informatics, Lebanese University, 1991-1992
- Was in Saudi Arabia for the years 2011-2019, training public sector employees on gender and its inclusion in social policies in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain and Qatar. Authoring gender training material for the countries of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia.
- Advisor on Social Development at the United Nations Development Center, Beirut, 2005-2007.
- Researcher at the Lebanese Center for Studies in Electoral Affairs and regional and local political parties, 2000-2005.
- Consultant on media and development, 2003 - 2004, Ministry of Information.
- Consultant on development and reform, 1995 - 1998, Ministry of Administrative Reform.
- Consultant and Trainer on democracy, gender and human rights, 1995 - 1993, Frederich–Ebert Stiftung.
Honorary office and memberships
- Active Member in the committee of media of the Supreme Council for Childhood, 2004 – 2009.
- Deputy Executive, Development and Child Protection, 2004 - 2010.
- Active member, Amnesty international, 2002 - 2006.
- Study: Other questions about Azmi Bishara's book: "sect, sectarianism, and imagined sects" have been published in the Arab politics of political science and international relations. Number 34, September 2018.
- Research: Basic child care policies and programs that embody the regime in Lebanon.
- Study: How open crises in the region will be affected by the growing tension in Iran-US relations / the situation of Lebanon December 2018 on the Center's page.
- Book: Turkey and the Arab Spring. The profits and losses of political Erdogan. Dar Al - Furat for printing and publishing Beirut.
- Book: Turkish Islam and the struggle for identity and the role of Ataturk to Erdogan. Dar Al - Furat for Printing and Publishing Beirut.
- Study: On Cyprus-Arab Relations Published in English Cyprus and the Arab States in Cyprus review. 2013
- Study: Transformations in Egypt and the Challenges of Democracy following the January 2010 Revolution, published in English, Egypt in transition in Cyprus Review. 2011.
- A study on social responsibility and corporate governance between voluntary and legal commitment in the book The role of the private sector in the path of sustainable development and rationalization of governance in the Arab countries. Published by the Arab Center for Research and Study of the Siyat September 2011.
- Rizk, H. (2010). The Lebanese ruling elite 1992-2009. Beirut: Bissan edition.
- Rizk, H. (2009). Al-ahzab allubnaniya hal hiya dimocratiya? Qira`a awwalilya fi namouthaj hizb loubnani [Are political parties in Lebanon democratic? One Lebanese political party as a case study]. In C. A. Stiftung (Ed.), Democracy in the practice of the Arab political Parties. Amman: Al Quds center for political studies.
- Rizk, H. (n.d.). Situation of women and children after 2006 war. (Unpublished study for the United Nations Development Program and the Consultant Research Institute).
- Rizk, H. (2005). Women and political participation: A comparative study of Lebanon and Morrocco. Abaad, the Lebanese Center for Policy Studie Review.
- Rizk, H. (2003). Al-ousoliya fi masr: ghiyab al-dimocratiya am fashal attanmiya?[Fundamentalism in Egypt: Absence of democracy or failure of development?]. Beirut: Al Furat Publishers.
- Rizk, H. (2003). [Syria and Lebanon: Unity of separation?]. Beirut: Al Furat Publishers.
- Author of periodical articles in Nahar and Ambassador, 1994- 2011.
- Writer of weekly articles on Turkish politics in Al-Akhbar 2012-2014 and Al-Bina, 2014-2019.
- Media activities and television interviews related to her specialty as a researcher. 2002-2019.
- Learn Turkish language and specialization in the Turkish social-political and foreign affairs.
- Author of gender training material for the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia countries.
- Extensive participation in conferences of UN organizations on the status of women and social policies in most Arab countries and submission of research papers on these issues.
- Extensive participation in research conferences and regional meetings on political topics dealt with by the Lebanese Center for Studies with the submission of research papers 1996-2006.
- Extensive participation in conferences prepared by the Jerusalem Center for Studies with the submission of research papers 2009-2018.
- Participation in regional conferences in Jordan and Casablanca in Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia on sustainable development and women's participation in politics. 2002-2009.
- Participate in international and regional scientific research seminars in the fields of social and political development.
Awards and Distinctions
- Women Rights Award from the Prime Minister and Women's Affairs Committee in Kuwait, 2009.