Hanan Hajj Ali
Who Is She
Actress, Trainer, Researcher
Hanan Hajj Ali
Contact information / Private
961 1 736850
Contact information / Work
Al- Mawred Aththaqafi
961 1 381290
- Master's degree, Theatre Studies, 2008, IESAV- Saint-Joseph University, Lebanon.
- Certificate, Training of trainers (Cultural Management), 2005, European Cultural Association and Al-Mawred Aththaqafi Organization.
- Higher studies (theatre and telecommunication), 1986 -1987, San Diego State University, United States of America.
- Diploma, Higher Studies in Acting, 1982, Faculty of Fine Arts, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Certificate of Competency for Secondary Level Teaching (CAPES) – Teaching Diploma, 1981, Faculty of Education, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Bachelor degree, Biology, 1980, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Teaching (Theater and Communication Arts)
- Training in Arts Management and Cultural Moderation
- Research (Arts, Culture, and Social Sciences)
- Chairperson, Artististic Board, 2009 - present, Al- Mawred Aththaqafi organization.
- Freelance Researcher and Writer, 2006 - present.
- Cultural activist, 1999 - present, SHAMS Association
- Teacher of Theater and Communication, 2005 - 2006, Institute of Applied Sciences, Lebanese University.
- Teacher of Biology, 1981 - 1982, Public Schools (High School Level).
- Freelance Actress, Artistic Trainer and Cultural Animator, 1978 - present.
Honorary office and memberships
- Founder and general assembly member, Al Mawred Aththaqafy (Culture Resource organization), 2004 - present.
- Founder, general assembly member, projects coordinator, and trainer, The Cooperative Cultural Association for Youth in Theatre and Cinema (SHAMS), 1999 - present.
- Hajj Ali, H. (2010). Teatre Bayrout [Beirut theatre]. Beirut: Amers editions.
- Hajj Ali, H. (Ed.). (2010). Assiyasat aththaqagiya fi addowal al-arabiyya [Cultural Policies in the Arab World]. Beirut: Al-Mawred Aththaqafi Association, European Culture Foundation in collaboration with Dar al-Sharkiat, Beirut World Book Capital and the Lebanese Ministry of Culture.
- Hajj Ali, H. (2010). Dirasat Hala: Al-Jam'iyya Atta'awniyya aththaqafiyya li Shabab al-Masrah wa Assinama (Shams) [Case Study: Cultural Cooperative Association for Youth in Theater and Cinema (Shams)]. In Lebanese Association of Women Researchers, Al-mumarasat aththaqafiya Lilshabab al-'Arab [Cultural practices of Arab youth]. Beirut: Lebanese Association of Women Researchers.
- Hajj Ali, H. (2010). Identity cards. In Collectif, Arabitudes: L'altérité arabe au Québec . Montréal: Festival du Monde Arabe.
- Hajj Ali, H., Makhlouf, B., Barham, B., & Al-Husseini, B. (2006 & 2009). Addalil li idarat aththaqafa [Guide to cultural management]. Beirut: Al-Mawred Aththaqafi Association and Dar al-Sharkiat.