Who Is She
Assistant Hospital Director for Patient Care Service, Director of Nursing Services
Contact information / Work
American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC)
Riad el-Solh 1107 2020
351000 1 961 مقسم 6178
366387 1 961
675615 3 961
- Master's degree, Nursing, 1983, University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- Bachelor degree, Nursing, 1976, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Administration of Nursing Services
- Assistant Hospital Director for Patient Care Service, 1995 - present, American University of Beirut Medical Center.
- Director of Nursing Services, 1983 - present, American University of Beirut Medical Center.
- Director of Practical Nurse Training Program, 1993 - present, American University of Beirut Medical Center.
- Director of Technical Baccalaureate Nursing School, 1989 - 1994, American University of Beirut Medical Center.
- Instructor (School of Nursing), 1987 - 1990, American University of Beirut Medical Center.
Honorary office and memberships
- First Magnet Commissioner of the American Nurses Credentialing Center for the Middle East, 2009 - present.
- Member of the International Committee of the American Organization of Nurse Executives, 2008 - present.
- Task team member for the creation of a School of Nursing at the Lebanese American University, June 2007.
- Preceptor for Masters students in Nursing and Public Administration, 2005 - 2007.
- Mouro, G. (1999). An American nurse amidst chaos. Beirut: American University of Beirut.
- Established the First International Training Center for the American Heart Association in Lebanon.
- Created the first Career Advancement Program for Nurses, American University of Beirut, 2007.
- Editor-in-Chief, Nursing Newsletter, published by the American University of Beirut Medical Center, 1986 - 1994.
Awards and Distinctions
- Global Medal from the Lebanese government for achieving the Magnet Designation, 2009.
- Valor in Nursing Commendation, 2007.
- Honorary doctorate degree, Muhlenberg College, 2005.
- Organizational Innovation Nurse Executive Award from the American Organization for Nurse Executives, 2003.
- Alumni Leadership Award from the Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 2001.
- Silver Order of Health Merit from the Ministry of Health (Lebanon), 1994.
- Arab Countries Award from the the Ministry of Health (Lebanon), 1994.