Who Is She
Chairperson & CEO, former MP
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
344775 1 961 و 344774 1 961
215448 3 961
- Doctorate degree, Information Technology (Computer Science), 1994, University of Technology, Australia.
- Master's degree, Mathematics, 1986, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- Bachelor degree, Mathematics (with distinction), 1983, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Information Technology (IT) (E-gov, E learning, etc.)
- IT Law
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Online Training and Education
- Illiteracy Eradication
- Chairwoman & Chief Executive Officer, 2002- present, *.Technology sarl (IT Consultancy & Solution Provider).
- Chairwoman & Chief Executive Officer, 2015- present ( Boot Camp and Training Organization commissioned with accelerating the transition of Lebanon to knowledge Economy through training of University Graduates to build their technical and IT expertise and enable them to develop their ideas into the next break through
- President, Information & Technology Society in Lebanon.2002- present
- Expert, 2009 - present, International Telecommunication Union.
- Member of Parliament, 2000 - 2009, Lebanese Parliament.
- Chair, 2002 - 2009, Information Technology Parliamentary Committee, Lebanese Parliament.
- Correspondent for Middle East and North Africa Region and Expert, 2007- present, United Nations Institute for Training.
- Professor of Computer Science, 1994 - 2000, American University of Beirut.
- Consultant, 1994 - 2000, ARABI BOARD, Arab Airline Carrier Organization.
Honorary office and memberships
- Chair of Scientific Committee, First Regional Forum on Legal and Legislative Structure of Electronic Transactions in the Arab Countries, 2008
- Vice President of Arab Working Women Committee of the Arab Labor Organization, 2000 - 2002.
- Senate Member, American University of Beirut, 1998 - 1999.
- Jalloul, G. (2004). UML by example. Cambridge, U.K. : Cambridge University Press.
- Leader of IKRAA project for illiteracy Eradication (with Gender Focus) in cooperation with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), 2008 - 2009.
- Drafting the Lebanese Information Technology Law and securing its approval by specialized Lebanese parliamentary committees, 2006.
- More than 30 scientific publications in international journals (including ACM and JOOP) and attending conferences, 1994-2009.
- Speaker at Local Regional and International Conferences 1994-present
Awards and Distinctions
- Pioneer for Peace in the Middle East, Women Federation for World Peace, International 2017
- Distinguished Arab Woman Award for distinguished performance as a public figure, 2007
- UNESCO Creativity Award for IKRAA project for Illiteracy Eradication, 2009.
- Ambassador of Peace, Universal Peace Federation, 2007
- Australian Post Graduate Award (Computer Science), 1991.