Who Is She
Arbitrator, Legal Counselor, Trainer
Contact information / Private
629341 6 961 & 440742 6 961
Contact information / Work
Ghada Ibrahim Law Firm
Hourrieh str., Sohoola bldg.
629341 6 961
629341 6 961
228271 3 961
- Bachelor degree, Law, 1984, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Teaching diploma (French language), 1979, Ecole Normale Des Professeurs Libanais, Lebanon.
- Certificate of participation in workshops on: Arbitration, BOT, e-commerce, and mediation.
Areas of expertise
- Activism (Human Rights & Anti-Violence)
- Legal assistance (Victims of Violence)
- Social Development, Civil Society and Trade Union Action
- Political Action and Decision-making
- Training and Legal Arbitration
- Attorney General, 1990 - present.
- Legal advisor, 1990 - present, banking institutions and institutions of public interest, trade unions, and professional associations.
- Arbitrator, 1990 - present, Cairo Regional Centre for International Arbitration.
- Arbitrator, 1990 - present, Lebanese Center for Arbitration and Conciliation at the Chamber of Commerce, Industry, and Agriculture of Tripoli and North Lebanon.
- Trainer, 1990 - present, police officers on human rights, conventions to resist torture, convention for ending violence against women (CEDAW), fighting human trafficking.
Honorary office and memberships
- Founding member of the NGO hoqooqiyaat [Experts in Law], 2009 - present.
- Member of the Lebanese Council to Resist Violence against Women, 1997 - present.
- Member of the jury and the gradient of the Bar Association in North Lebanon (Tripoli).
- Member of the Commission on Human Rights at the Bar Association in North Lebanon (Tripoli), 1997 - present.
- Member of Restart Centre for Rehabilitation of Victims of Violence and Torture, 1997 - present.
- Ibrahim, G., Khalifeh, N., & Zalzal, M.R. (2008). Al-`onf al-qanooni ded al-mar'a: Dirasa qanouniyya [Violence against women: A legal study], commissioned by the Lebanese Women Democratic Gathering. Beirut: Dar al-Farabi.
- Several legal studies on various topics, including:
- legal study in the Penal Code to amend articles 522 and 562;
- legal studies on arbitration in the Lebanese law;
- a study on the role of civil society in changing laws;
- a study on the Convention for the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women;
- a study on the human rights front criminal justice;
- a study on the role of law enforcement in the protection of human rights;
- a study on quota in parliamentary elections.
- A series of articles about municipal elections, democracy in Lebanon, and women's participation in decision-making.
- TV and media interviews on the topics of human rights, women's rights, and electoral laws.
Exhibitions, lectures & performances:
- Gave many lectures and presentations on human rights in Lebanon, Cairo, Morocco and Qatar.
- Gave many lectures and presentations on arbitration in Lebanon, Jordan and Cairo.
Awards and Distinctions
- Selected by L’express magazine among one of the 100 people who move Lebanon (Les 100 qui font bouger le Liban), 2001
- The Nisaa Ra'idat award from the Hariri Foundation, 2001.