Who Is She
Contact information / Work
Ennoveo & The International Education Association (IEA)
Ashrafieh, Choucri Assali Str., Boustanim Bldg., 2nd Flr.
219049 1 961
219049 1 961
624555 3 961
- Doctorate Degree candidate, Education, University of London, Great Britain.
- Master's Degree, Education / Online Learning and Teaching, 2002, California State University, East Bay, United States of America.
- Bachelor's Degree, Economics, 1982, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Education for 21st Century Learning
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Professional Development
- ICT integration
- Collaborative and Participatory Educational Solutions
- Youth Programs
- Director, 2011-present, Ennoveo.
- Chair, 2011-present, The Global Teenager Foundation.
- President, 2003-present, International Education Association (IEA).
- Chair, 2003-present, iEARN-Lebanon Center.
- Executive Council Member, 2004-2005, iEARN International.
- ICT Consultant, 1998-2003, School Development Consultants.
- ICT Coordinator and Teacher, 1996-1998, Adma International School.
- Faculty Member, 1992-1993, Higher Colleges of Technology.
- Instructor and Administrative Assistant, 1982-1986, English and Secretarial College.
Honorary office and memberships
- Fellow member at the College of Teachers in the UK, 2012-present.
- Fellow member at the Royal Society of Arts in the UK, 2011-present.
- Metni, E. (2002). Online teacher training to integrate collaborative web-based projects in the classroom. Unpublished master's thesis, California State University, East Bay.
- Designed in collaboration with Natalia Eernstman (Co-author) the "Global Educators Course, Education for Sustainability", an online course for Wageningen University, Department of Education for Competences, 2007.
- Endorsement of the World Economic Forum on "Voices in Collaboration" project adopted by the C-100 leaders [iEARN Egypt, Morocco, USA and the CFF are partners in Voices in Collaboration], 2006.
- Designed the teacher professional development online program created for iEARN-USA that received the Tech Museum award, 2004.
Exhibitions, lectures & performances:
- Head of the Lebanese delegation and lecturer at the iEARN international conferences: China 2000, South Africa 2001, Russia 2002, Japan 2003, Slovakia 2004, Holland 2006, Egypt 2007, Morocco 2009, Qatar 2013.
- Organizer and lecturer at the Johan Kooij Fellowship Event (JKF) for three consecutive years: Holland 2008, Wales 2009 and Ghana 2010.
- Speaker, Holland Open Conference, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2008.
- Speaker, Wikimedia Conference, on educational open resources, Alexandria, Egypt, 2007.
- Speaker, "Dissolving Boundaries", paper presented at a conference entitled "The role of information communications technology (ICT) in bridge building and social inclusion", University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northen Ireland, September, 2006.
- Speaker, World Economic Forum, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, 2005.
- Speaker, "Methodology of iEARN ESL/EFL Online Courses", paper submitted at the "Tesol Arabia" conference in collaboration with iEARN-USA-Pakistan & Egypt (Co-authors), Dubai, 2003.
Awards and Distinctions
- Received a recognition award from the Center for Education Research and Development (CRDP) for her contribution to the professional development of English teachers in Lebanon, 2005.
- Received a recognition award from the Lebanese army for her contribution to the awareness campaign on the dangers of landmines, 2004