Cendrella S. Habre
Who Is She
Cendrella S. Habre
Contact information / Private
Mar Roukouz Str., Bldg. #286 – 3rd fl.
961 5 950216
961 3 837225
Contact information / Work
Lebanese American University
786456 1 961 مقسم 1385
961 1 867098
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), 2014, Lebanese American University, Lebanon.
- Master's degree, Library and Information Science, 1987, Pratt Institute, United States of America.
- Bachelor of Science, Library Science, 1983, Lebanese University. School of Information and Documentation, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Library Management and Administration
- Library Automation
- University Librarian, 2012-present, Lebanese American University.
- Director, 2008 – 2012, Riyad Nassar Library, Lebanese American University.
- Systems Librarian, 1998 – 2008, Beirut and Byblos Libraries, Lebanese American University.
- Automation Librarian, 1993 – 1998, Jafet Library, American University of Beirut.
- Information Specialist, 1987 – 1993, American Insurance Services Group, Inc., United States of America.
- Assistant Librarian, 1986, First Boston Corp, United States of America.
- Cataloger, 1985 – 1986, Brooklyn Public Library, United States of America.
Honorary office and memberships
- IFLA Regional Standing Committee for Asia and Oceania member representing the Middle East area, 2017-present
- OCLC delegate in the Global Council and member of the Europe, Middle East and Africa [EMEA] Regional Council, 2012-present.
- Member of the Lebanese Library Association, 1993–present.
- Member of the Free Access to Information and Freedom Expression Committee,
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA), 1995.
- Member of the Special Library Association, 1987–1993.
- Habre, C., and, Kammourié, H. (2018). Redesigning Spaces for Effective Learning: Challenges Facing Riyad Nassar Library in Meeting Users' Perceptions and Expectations. Journal of Library Administration
- A presentation during the IFLA Annual Conference in Boston (USA), IFLA in Jerusalem: Information for cooperation - Creating the global library for the future, 2001.
- A presentation titled ZPortal: LAU case study, Lebanese Library Association meeting, 2006.
- A presentation on planning for library automation, Lebanese Library Association meeting, 2005.