Barbara Shahin Batlouni
Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
As Country Director of AMIDEAST/ Lebanon for 20 years, Barbara has expanded the organization’s services to serve communities in all regions of Lebanon, including youth, NGOs, and private and public sector institutions. Today, AMIDEAST touches the lives of 33,000 people per year in Lebanon, focused on expanding opportunities through education and training. In recent years, AMIDEAST has launched an Entrepreneur Institute to help those who want to start or grow their businesses; offers English Language programs in over 60 locations each year; provides professional development programs to enhance career prospects; helps youth with life-transforming scholarship programs; and provides testing services for academic and professional certifications.
Contact information / Work
- Master's degree, Contemporary Arab Studies, 1983, Georgetown University, United States of America.
- Bachelor degree, Arabic and History (Certificate: Southwest Asia and North Africa), 1981, Binghamton University, United States of America.
Areas of expertise
- Civil Society
- MENA Region
- Country Director, 1998 – present, AMIDEAST/Lebanon.
- Director, Public Relations & Fundraising, 1991-1994, AMIDEAST Head Quarters.
- Executive Director, 1989 -1990, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.
- Deputy Executive Director, 1985 - 1989, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.
- Executive Assistant to the Director, 1983 - 1984, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.
- Research Assistant, 1981 - 1983, Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, Georgetown University.
Honorary office and memberships
- Member of the Board of Directors of the American Lebanese Chamber of Commerce, 2004 - present.
- Member of the Lebanese League for Women in Business, 2007 - present