Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
"You have your Lebanon and I have mine" said Gebrane Khalil Gebrane. For me Lebanon is a unique country, with unique geography, history and people. I have always praised Lebanon in my artworks. Although the mainstream art trend is to criticize Lebanon, I leave that to the journalists and activists, and as artist, I chose to show its beautiful side, and its contributions to the world. As a psychologist I do the same, I help people to see the beautiful Lebanon, and I offer a lot of volunteer and charitable work to assist the underprivileged in Lebanon.
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Doctorate degree, Clinical Psychology and Research in Art Therapy, 2009-2015, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon.
- Master's degree, Clinical Psychology and Research in Art Therapy, 2002- 2006, Haigazian University, Lebanon.
- Diploma, Drawing, Painting and Sculpture, 1992- 1995, Hamazkayine Tross Rosslin Fine Art Academy, Lebanon.
- Diploma, Painting and Fashion Design, 1987- 1990, Académie Michel-Ange de Beaux Arts, Lebanon.
Areas of expertise
- Clinical Psychology
- Art Psychotherapy
- Contemporary Art
- Psychotherapy and Art Therapy (private practice), 2009-present.
- Contemporary Artist, 1991-present.
- School Psychologist, 2007- 2009, Armenian Evangelical Central High School.
- Arts and Crafts Teacher, 2007- 2009, Armenian Evangelical Central High School.
- Lecturer, 2007- 2008, Haigazian University and Notre Dame University.
- Lecturer (Art Appreciation in Adult Education Program), 2004- 2005, Haigazian University.
- Art and Culture Columnist, 2002-2003, Al-Hasnaa magazine (an Arab monthly woman magazine).
- Exhibition Organizer and Co-curator, 1999- 2001, Arthur Matossian Art Center, Haigazian University.
Honorary office and memberships
- Founding member of the Lebanese Psychological Association, 2004 - Present.
- Founding member of Middle East Eating Disorders Association
- Toutikian, A. (2008).Counteractive art from the Middle East. Beirut: Shirak Printing Press.
- Researcher and trainer in interdisciplinary domain of clinical psychology, education and art therapy.
- Activist in the advancement of social justice through art in schools and communities.
- Active member in humanitarian and cultural associations to defend women, children and family well-being.
- Art and culture columnist in numerous Armenian newspapers and periodicals published in Lebanon, 1993-2001.
- Biennale of Larnaca – 2018
- Art Installation at Athens Art Fair - 2018
- Art installation "Exbroideries" at Istanbul Depo -2015
- Invited installation artist and speaker at the roundtable discussion, "Notion of Identity and Creation in the Middle East and North Africa", MENASART International Art Fair, Beirut, 2011 and 2012.
- Participated in the video and installation art show "Convergence, New Art From Lebanon" organized by Dr. Jack Rasmussen and co-curated by Ms. Amale Traboulsi, Museum Katzen Arts Center, American University, Washington D.C., 2010.
- Installation at the "Image et Mirage - VIeme Biennale Méditerranéenne des Arts de la Ville de Tunis" organized by the Association for Mediterranean Cultural Exchange (ECUME) , Palais Kheireddine Pacha, Tunisia, 2010.
- Participated in the Baraka Art Initiative of Stanfordville "Gaza Rebirth", New York, 2010.
- Participated in the exhibition "Repairing the World: Middle East Peace Art Project", Weinstein Realty Exhibition Hall, Pennsylvania, United States of America, 2005- 2010.
- Participated in the contemporary art exhibition and auction "Remains to Be Seen" organized by the International Institute for Genocide and Human Rights, Lennox Contemporary, Toronto, 2009.
- Solo Painting exhibition and interactive installation, "Jyperconceptualism", Gallery Janine Rbeiz, Beirut, 2008.
- Participated in the "Algiers Cultural Capital of the Arab World: Art and Feminine", National Museum of Modern and contemporary Art, Algiers, 2008.
- Participated in the "First Armenian Art Exhibition", New York, 2007.
- Participated in the "Artists' View" exhibition, organized by Ms. Nadine Begdache, London, 2004
Awards and Distinctions
- Honorary Mention from Sursock Museum for being a "Pioneer Conceptual Artist in Lebanon", 1997.
- Awarded First Prize form Sursock Museum being a "Pioneer Installation Artist in Lebanon", 1998.