Suzanne F. Talhouk
Who Is She
What I have done for Lebanon
Suzanne Talhouk holds a Master’s Degree in Physics but has built her career as a Communications and Public Relations expert, writer, and a speaker at TEDxBeirut as well as other international forums. She is the founder of Lebanese local NGO Feil Amer فعل أمر and is a published poet with two books under her belt. Talhouk is a board member of Women Leaders council of Lebanon (WLC) located at the Chamber of Commerce, Industry & Agriculture of Beirut and Mount Lebanon.A Founder of a local NGO / Feil Amer that aims to highlight the importance of mother tongue in creativity, productivity and preserving the identity.
Her speech is the first ever Arabic speech to be featured on Ted.com: http://www.ted.com/talks/suzanne_talhouk_don_t_kill_your_language.html
Suzanne has excellent media relations at local, regional and international levels. She has been featured on CNN, BBC, Skynews, France24, Ararbiyah, Al Jazeera and others.
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- Master's degree, Physics, 2001, Faculty of Science, Lebanese Universtiy, Lebanon.
- A student in Sophrology
Areas of expertise
- Organizing Cultural Events
- Writer & poet
- News Anchor
- President, 2009 - present, فعل أمر (Feil amer) NGO.
- Communication Director, 2008, Beirut Marathon Association.
- Project Manager for "Draw the line on climate change" event. 2007, IndyAct.
- Associate Civil affairs, 2007, UNIFIL.
- Communication Officer, 2006, OXFAM GB.
Honorary office and memberships
- A Board member of Kamkalima.
- A Judge member for MEPRA Awards, 2018
- Talhouk, S. (2008). Lastoo imra'atan wahida [I am not just one woman]. Beirut: Dar al-Saqi.
- Talhouk, S. (2006). Ila an altaqiq [Until I meet you]. (Published by author).
- Founding the non-governmental organization فعل أمر (Feil amer) and organizing the campaign "Preserving the Arabic Language".
- Organizing the first Arabic language festival in Beirut with the Arab Thought Foundation.
- She is a climber of the Himalays.
- A Creator and lead instructor of her very own Storytelling Workshop “Art of Storytelling”.
Awards and Distinctions
- She has been featured on CNN, BBC, Skynews, France24, Ararbiyah, Al Jazeera and others.
- Outdoor, SILVER, 2016.
- Design, SILVER, 2016.
- Winner of the Digital PR Campaign at the PR News Digital Award.
- Talhouk established the PR Levant team, composed of 9 PR professionals and grew the business exponentially to cater to most renowned corporations in the region and brought home Dubai Lynx 2016 – The Good Note, Integrated Grand Prix and Direct Grand Prix , MENA Effies 2016 – The Good Note -the Effie Grand Prix , Dubai Lynx 2017 – Creative Effectiveness GP – The Good Note, as well as 2 CANNES LIONS