Who Is She
Consultant, Founder, President
What I have done for Lebanon
- Scientific studies on climate change, Forest management, Poverty mechanisms, Transparency and accountability, Solid waste management, Biodiversity, Coastal cities, Women in sustainable development...
- Lebanon's representative at Arab and international congresses
- One of the founders of the UN Small Grants Program in Lebanon
- Contribution to the preparation of drafts of some environmental laws
- Founder of associations and coalitions for environment, heritage, citizenship and youth.
- Capacity building for environmental associations.
- Free consultations and studies for a number of municipalities
- Advocacy in court, national supervisory bodies (state council, central inspection) and international agencies such as the World Bank to protest against environmental violations
Contact information / Private
Residence Dr. Kamal Kallab
961 9 623001 & 961 9 623002
961 9 623002
961 3 444401
Contact information / Work
Byblos Ecologia for Development and Environment
Jbeil Main Road, St. Carlos Center, 1st fl.
961 9 946805
961 9 946805
- Postgraduate Diploma (Diplôme D'Etudes Approfondies), Environmental Sociology, 1988, Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (USEK), Lebanon.
- Master's Degree, Sociology, 1986, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- Master's Degree, Mathematics, 1975, Université Claude-Bernard, Lyon, France.
Areas of expertise
- Environmental Socio-Economy
- Social Sciences
- Legislative Election Candidate for the parliamentary elections for Koura region, on the list of civil society, 2018
- Consultant, 1996 - present, UN Agencies (The Food and Agriculture Organization, The United Nations Development Program, & The United Nations Environmental Program), in addition to several municipalities and organizations.
- Project Manager, 2002 – 2010, Byblos Ecologia for Development and Enviorment Organization, & Green Square organization.
- Instructor, 1997 – 1999, Education Science School (Lebanon).
- Instructor, 1987 – 1989, The Chambre of Commerce and the Nursing School of Charleville Meziere, France.
Honorary office and memberships
- Advisory board member for Diairies of the Ocean, 2018
- Founder and president of the Lebanese coastal forum, 2017
- Founder and board member of the National Civil Society Parliament Liaison (NCSP), 2013.
- Founder and organizer of the "Lebanese Heritage Days Festival", 2012 - present.
- Member of DAAM (non-governmental organization) for defending women in dislocated families, 2012-present.
- Member of the civil campaign for electoral reform, 2012-present.
- Founder and board member of the Lebanese Council for Freedom of Association (LCFA), 2010 - present.
- Member of the Steering Committee for Small Grant Programs, the Global Environmental Funds, United Nations Development Program, 2005 - present.
- Founder and Board Member of Amchit Heritage, 2005 - present.
- Founder, President (2001-2003 & 2005-2007) & (2011-2013), and Board Member (since 2007) of Byblos Ecologia for Development and Environment, 2001 - present.
- Founder and President of Green Square, 2001 - present.
- Member of the Steering Committee for Efficient Management of Wastewater Treatment and Reuse in the Mediterranean Countries (A joint project of the European Union, InWent – Germany, Lebanese American University, and the University of Balamand), 2006.
- Member of the Health and Environment Committee in Amchit Municipality, 1999 - 2004.
- Member of the Ad-hoc Committee for Jbeil Area, 1992 - 1998.
Contributed in the research and writing of several reports such as:
- Kallab, F. (2007). Jawaz el-muwatin al-shab [the young citizen passport]. Lebanon: Byblos Ecologia for Development and Environment.
- Efficient management of wastewater, its treatment and reuse in the mediterranean countries. (2004). A project funded by the European Community under the MEDA Water Programme initiative.
- Kallab, F. (2003).Andak mishkleh bi’iyeh, kif w ayn el-hal [Do you have an environmental problem, how and where the solution stand]. Lebanon: Byblos Ecologia for Development and Environment.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). (2001). Petites Villes Côtières Historiques: Développement urbain équilibré entre terre, mer et société [Small historical coastal cities: balanced urban development between land, sea and society].
- Ministry of Environment. (1999).National GHG mitigation strategy, assessment of Lebanon's vulnerability to climate change, final report. A project funded by the United Nations Development Program.
- Kallab, F. (1999).La pauvreté dans les régions rurales du Liban[poverty in the Lebanese rural areas]. National consultation under the framework of the ACCnetwork/thematic Group on rural development and food security. Food and Agriculture Organization.
- Kallab, F. (1999).Causes socio-économiques des incendies de forêt et implication des communautés locales dans la prévention et la lutte contre les incendies de forêt au Liban[socio-economic causes of forest fires in Lebanon and the role of the local community in preventing and fighting against forest fires]. Food and Agriculture Organization.
- Kallab, F. (1996).Socio-economic factors affecting biodiversity in Lebanon. Biological Diversity of Lebanon (volume 2). United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the Ministry of Agriculture.
Exhibitions, lectures & performances:
- Establishment of Educational Center for Marine Biodiversity and Sustainable Fishing in Amchit
- Lecturer, "Action Plan of the Arab Council for the Right to Assembly and Plan, Where are we Heading? The Freefom to Assembly and Plan: Road Map Towards the Future". The League of Arab States, Cairo, 2010.
- Lecturer, "Woman and the Environmental Dimension for Sustainable Development", conference on "Arab Woman a Key Partner Towards Sustainable Development", Arab Women's Organization, Tunisia, 2010.
- Organizer and Lecturer, "Persistent Organic Pollutants", Lebanese American University (Beirut & Byblos campus), 2010.
- Lecturer, "Promoting Dialogue between the Government and Civil Society on Law Reforms", Beirut, 2008.
- Trainer, "Efficient Management of Wastewater Treatment and Resuse in the Mediterranean Countries", Lebanese American University and the University of Balamand, 2006.
- Lecturer, "Quarries and Sand Quarries: A Socio-Economic Need and an Environmental Problem", Order of Engineers, Beirut, 2006.
- Lecturer, "Solid Waste Management in Lebanon: Regional Solid Waste Management Program in the Mashreq and Maghreb Countries", World Bank, METAP Amman, Jordan, 2004.
- Organizer, "Accountability and Transparency in Lebanon" conference, Lebanese American University (Byblos campus), 2002.
Awards and Distinctions
- ‘Gem of loyalty and appreciation’, Arab Women’s Council for social responsibility, 2016
- Lebanese business women association shield, 2015
- Women in front as a leader women, 2013
- Acknowledged by the National Commission for Lebanese Women as one of the pioneer Lebanese women involved in addressing environmental issues, 2009.