Associate Provost, August 2009-present, American University of Beirut.
Director of University Division of Interdisciplinary Programs, February 2013-present, American University of Beirut.
Qatar Chair of Energy Studies, October 2005-present, American University of Beirut.
Professor, 1998-present, American University of Beirut.
Acting Associate Provost, August 2008-July 2009, American University of Beirut.
Chairperson of the Mechanical Engineering Department, 2001-2007, American University of Beirut.
Member of the International Association for Energy Economics, January 2014-present.
Member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 2013-present.
Member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Green Energy, 2004-present.
Fellow member (and member since 1978) of the American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME), 2001-present
Member of the American Solar Energy Society, 2000-present.
Member of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), 1999-present.
Member of the American Society of Heating, Ventilating and Air-conditioning (ASHRAE), 1995-present.
Member of the Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 1991-present.
Associate editor of the Journal of Applied Mechanics (ASME), 2005-2012.
Fellow member of the Islamic World Academy of Science, 2007.
- Currently working with colleagues and partners to launch a continuing education degree program in green technologies with specialization in energy, water, and buildings starting fall 2014-15. The program includes five regional universities and five European universities.
- Developed a new interdisciplinary Master Degree program in Energy Studies which will be launched in Fall 2014-15.
- Led the development of the undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering Degree program in Chemical Engineering which started in 2009.
- Led the development of the Master of Engineering Degree Program in Applied Energy with focus on energy efficiency in building systems. It was part of a funded Tempus project.
Dr. Nesreen Ghaddar received many awards of which are the following:
- She was selected and listed by Muslim Science among the top-20 Most Influential Women in Science in the Islamic World described as the Shaper of Energy Future, Kuwait and Lebanon, 2014. http://www.muslim-science.com/muslim-science-coms-list-of-twenty-most-in...
- She was ranked 59 among the 100 most powerful Arab women list for the year 2013 compiled by Arabian Business, a Dubai-based English-language weekly magazine, 2014.
- Received the Distinguished Scholar Medal and Certificate for Research Excellence in Energy Efficiency in Heating and Cooling Systems within the Framework of the Golden Jubilee of the Lebanese National Council for Scientific Research, Beirut, Lebanon, June 2012.
- Received the American Society for Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers ASHRAE 2008 POSTER PRESENTATION AWARD for the article: "Ghaddar, N., Ghali, K., Saadeh, R., and Keblawi, A. (2008). Design charts for combined chilled ceiling displacement ventilation system, ASHRAE Transactions, 143(2), 574-587." The award is to recognize the best poster from a total of 120 articles presented in the poster sessions (http://ashrae.org/), 2009.
- Received the Outstanding Reviewer Award for the ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, 2003.